Thursday 17 December 2015

Walking home for Christmas

Tuesday 15 December 2015, Fulham 1 Ipswich Town 2, Championship - Craven Cottage


After that great win at Fulham,many would think my post would be about taking the lead within seconds of the start or the great away support but instead it is about what happened afterwards!



I decided to just get the train to Chelmsford (at midnight), then walk 64 miles home via the Essex Way, solo, in the dark and cross country!

I am glad I did as so far I have raised over £2000 for the Walking with the Wounded Charity as part of their #walkinghomeforchristmas campaign.

It was not easy, and after falling in a bog just 40 minutes after leaving Chelmsford, I was concerned that I may have chosen a challenge too hard, but I  knew the cause was one worth putting the effort in for so by early evening on Wednesday I was back home.

Thank you to all those who have supported me - still time to sponsor me here




No comments:

Post a Comment